Sunday, February 28, 2010




My first loose tea, and it was...interesting. I followed package instructions and added to 16 oz of water and tea, 8 ounces of milk. I've been adding only around 1/8 cup of milk, so one cup was too much. I had to drink it down and brew a bag in the remaining milky mixture and added more water. Better.

My first impression of the tea: gorgeous whole cloves, cardamom mingled with the black tea nuggets. It was beautiful! Tea bags don't afford a view of the tea, so this was my first visual of the tea itself. The aroma was scrumptious and inviting, spicy and sparky. Tomorrow I'll make the tea but not add so much extra milk. I liked the layered flavors, though. More when I have a better idea of brewing the way I like it...

Great tidbit - Rollinsford, New Hampshire is only miles from my home. I like purchasing from local companies! Same town as the company my worm bin worms come from!

No comments: